Last updated: October 13, 2017
Legacy Advisor Solutions INC (“we,” “us,” or “Legacy Advisor“) collects information about you through your use of the Legacy Advisor website, www.FuneralSolution.com (the “Website“), and through any other interactions you may have with the services provided by Legacy Advisor (together with the Website, the “Services“).
The Services are supported in part through advertising and we strive to make any advertisements found on the Service relevant and useful to you. We may display advertisements to you based on the information we collect from you during your use of the Services.
1. Information We Collect
1.1 Personal Information
Personal Information does not include information that has been aggregated or made anonymous such that it can no longer be reasonably associated with a specific person.
1.2 Information We Collect from Website Visitors
You are not required to register or provide us any Personal Information to browse our Website. However, like many other websites, we gather and store certain information automatically. This information includes IP addresses, browser type, internet service provider, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. More information on the types of information automatically collected and how the information is collected can be found in Section 5 below.
2. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
All of the information you provide to us through your use of our Services will be used in the following ways:
- To provide the Services to you.
- We may use the information we gather to offer, provide, or personalize products and services from us and third parties. For example, we may customize content, advertising, promotions and incentives to reflect your preferences, interests, or prior interactions with us and others.
- To contact you through telephone, text, or email about your use of the Services or other purposes, as permitted by law.
- To improve our Website, the Services, and our interactions with you.
Although no data transmission can be guaranteed to be completely secure, Legacy Advisor follows generally accepted industry standards to protect the Personal Information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. These standards are reasonably designed to:
- Ensure the security and confidentiality of your Personal Information;
- Protect against any anticipated threats or hazards to the security or integrity of your Personal Information; and
- Protect against unauthorized access to or use of your Personal Information that could result in substantial harm or inconvenience to you or any other Website or Services user.
Your information is located on secure servers and encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We use transport layer security (TLS) when you sign into the Services.
4. INFORMATION WE DISCLOSE AND WHEN WE DISCLOSE IT
We will not disclose your Personal Information to third parties except to:
- Companies affiliated with us (e.g., subsidiaries and other companies owned by or controlled by Legacy Advisor) who may only use your Personal Information for the purposes described in Section 2 above.
- Our service providers and other third parties that you may directly authorize to receive your Personal Information. Our service providers are bound by law or contract to protect your Personal Information and are only allowed to use your Personal Information in accordance with our agreements with them.
- Effect a merger or acquisition or to support the sale or transfer of business assets.
- Enforce our rights or protect our property; protect the rights, property or safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a legitimate government request; or as needed to support auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions. We may also disclose Personal Information to defend ourselves in litigation or a regulatory action, and when required or advised to do so by law.
- Our Listed Providers, as required in order to effectuate your Proposal requests. For example, we may share your Personal Information to cremation service providers in order to allow them to communicate with you and you to communicate with them.
5. AUTOMATED TECHNOLOGY USED
When you access and use the Website, we collect certain information by automated or electronic means, using technologies such as cookies, pixel tags and web beacons, browser analysis tools, and server logs. As you use the Website, your browser and devices communicate with servers managed by us or our trusted service providers to record the interactivity and to fulfill your requests for the Website.
A “cookie” is a small amount of information that a web server sends to your browser that stores information about your account, your preferences, and your use of the Website. The information from cookies and related technology is stored in web server logs and also in web cookies kept on your computers or devices, which are then transmitted back to servers managed by us or our trusted service providers by your computers or devices.
Some cookies are temporary, whereas others may be configured to last longer. “Session” cookies are temporary cookies used for various reasons, such as to manage page views. Your browser usually erases session cookies once you exit your browser. “Persistent” cookies are more permanent and are stored on your computer or mobile device even after you exit your browser. We use persistent cookies for a number of purposes, such as retrieving certain information you have previously provided (such as your account ID if you asked to be remembered).
5.2 Pixel Tags and Web Beacons
Pixel tags and web beacons are tiny graphic images placed on our Website or in our emails that allow us to determine whether you have performed specific actions. When you access these pages or open email messages, the pixel tags and web beacons generate a notice of that action and send the notice to us or our trusted service providers. These tools allow us to measure response to and improve our Services and our communications to you.
5.3 Collection and Use of Information from Automated Technology
5.4 Opting Out of Tracking Technology; Use of Google Analytics
If you wish to opt out of having cookies set on your browser or device as described above, you may manage the settings on your browser to delete all cookies and disallow further acceptance of cookies. Additionally, we may use tools provided by our trusted service providers, such as Google Analytics, to track use of the Website. If you would like to opt out of third party tracking via Google Analytics, please visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. Please note that disabling cookies may disable many of the features available through the Website and therefore recommend that you leave cookies enabled.
Because there is no current industry standard, Legacy Advisor does not recognize or respond to browser-initiated Do Not Track signals.
6. COMMUNICATION OPT-OUT
If you no longer wish to receive communications from us, you may opt-out of receiving them by following the unsubscribe instructions included in each communication or by emailing us at [email protected]
7. LINKS TO OTHER SITES